Business Solutions Architect
Location: Sacramento, California
Requisition Number: RQ-2018-00908
Delegata is seeking a business solutions architect to build upon our current capability foundations. The individual should be strong in business solutions across multiple industries, primarily service organizations typically found in State government. Additionally, the business solutions architect should be experienced in multiple solution specialization areas, such as those listed below:
- Business Processes and Workflow
- Business Architecture
- Strategic and Short-term Business Planning
- Business Value
- Application Design, Development, and Implementation
- Business Intelligence and Business Analytics
- In-house, Cloud, SAAS solutions and maintenance and operations
- Portfolio and Program Management
- Organizational Change Management
- Creating methodologies for Business Solutions
- Designing repeatable processes, solutions, and methodologies for future re-use
Large-scale business solutions ($100M) are a plus. Desirable industries include:
- Health Care
- Retirement Services
- Investment Services
- Service industries
- General Business Operations (Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Communications/Marketing)
- For this position, Manufacturing and Product Development industries may have limited value
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Will participate in customer delivery process flow analysis and process redesign along with the appropriate team members.
- Share best practices and be consultative to clients throughout the duration of the project.
- Discover and analyze customers’ business and technical problems and connect the appropriate solution that aligns to client needs.
- Produce detailed functional design documentation to match client requirements.
- Co-create specifications with project team.
- Help shape the product roadmap by communicating back client requests and desires.
- Share best practices and be a trusted advisor to clients throughout duration of projects.
- Conduct discovery sessions with prospects and customers.
- Provide current best practice and 3rd Party solutions alternatives as part of the functional design document.
- Participate in training design, documentation and delivery efforts in concert with the Project Manager and other team members.
- Participate and lead, when needed, project meetings with the client or client’s staff.
- Act as a subject matter expert for solutions.
- Mentor customer and partner teams to ensure success and best practices.
- Create proposals and support client procurements as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Ten years of experience communicating with business subject matter experts to obtain and comprehend information and requirements, with the ability to analyze requirements and formulate strategies.
- Ability to actively facilitate, participate in, lead and coordinate information gathering meetings, fact-finding meetings, working sessions, status reporting, documentation of effort, presentations and general communication on an ongoing basis to ensure project success.
- Demonstrated experience developing the implementation plan for technical solutions using project management methodologies.
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience.
- Experience re-engineering workflows and business processes to maximize efficiency.
- Experience with Systems Management Technology.
- Experience in application and/or database development.
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communication/relationship skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with ability to communicate effectively with the customer.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to thrive under pressure, self-manage and prioritize activities.
- Self-motivated with strong self-development ability.
- Experience working in and with multi-cultural teams and clients.
- Formal training in methods used for sales, marketing, management, project management, data and business intelligence, strategy, governance, process, and/or performance management would be advantageous.
- State/Government experience.
- Related certifications are desirable (PMP, Prosci, etc.).
Education, Certification, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MIS/MBA desirable.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Delegata is a premier consulting and systems integration firm specializing in business Solutions, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, Application Development, Process Alignment, PMO, Organization Change Management, Technology Migration, Planning and Analysis.
Delegata is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Delegata does not sponsor H1B visas.