Sr. Enterprise Architect
Location: Sacramento, California
Requisition Number: RQ-2018-00903
We are looking for a Senior Enterprise Architect (EA) to join our Sacramento-based team. Candidate will provide subject matter expertise in enterprise architecture to support complex projects for public sector clients. Candidate will help clients convert concepts to solutions that align with business processes, in order to achieve desired states of value across all enterprise domains. This will be done by applying organizing principles and methods, IT business systems development and technical solutions, and standards and technologies that support complex business analysis, solution selection, systems design, and application integration. Knowledge is expected in public sector business models and performance measurement of value propositions.
The EA delivers solution elements that require a consulting demeanor as well as strong leadership, documentation, and workshop skills. S/he will drive business and technical teams to implement effective and efficient operations through solutions that meet modern business needs for flexibility, agility, and reusability. Interacting with professionals at all levels of the organization, the EA must be able to bridge culture gaps and facilitate human adoption of change. Individuals who are articulate and able to use industry standards in ways that help organizations achieve enhanced performance capabilities will excel in this role.
Ideal candidate will have public sector experience in California and is expected to deliver on-time with the highest level of quality.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to:
- Perform top-down analysis of current IT Enterprise Architecture Framework (EAF) for client.
- Perform top-down assessment of the application and physical architecture to recommend a roadmap to align with EA standards, IT infrastructure standards, and the IT industry’s best practices.
- Recommend improvements to the client to ensure that it can efficiently and adequately support ongoing, evolving, and future operational needs.
- Provide ongoing consultation to the client regarding any aspect of the EAF.
- Prepare and provide project schedules.
- Assess and analyze the current EAF and IT operations.
- Provide the client with recommendations to improve the EAF’s capability to meet operational needs to conform to defined EA and infrastructure standards and practices.
- Provide the client with a roadmap that details the steps necessary to implement the recommendations.
- Execute requirements analysis, needs assessments, and selection and implementation of integration strategies including lifecycle sustainability.
- Execute knowledge transfer to Delegata head office team.
- Collaborate with head office to produce polished deliverables to client with quality assurance.Mandatory Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of applying EA principles; at least five (5) years of that experience must be in a lead capacity.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience planning, developing, and creating EAF plans and roadmaps for integrated business systems, utilizing technology frameworks such as: the Open Group Architectural Framework; the Zachman Framework; the Federal Enterprise Architecture; the Gartner Methodology; California State Government Agency/Department Frameworks or similar EA frameworks.
- Must possess specific knowledge of methods including architect enterprise strategy, enterprise architecture development and management; business process design and re-engineering; investment decision making and support for solution architecture development/management; and support the attainment of business strategy and its alignment with processes and information technology strategy.
- Must possess strong knowledge in domains that define an enterprise (business, application, data, security and technology).
- Must have the ability to pragmatically establish an architecture program able to define and execute incremental strategic roadmap benefits.
- Must have the ability to define, apply, and teach methodology and frameworks related to the implementation of EA concepts and solutions such as those defined by The Open Group, The CIO Council, NASCIO or other industry models as well as custom methods to accelerate the delivery of value to clients.Desired Qualifications:
- Certifications in project, quality, IT governance, and EA standards (Certified IT Architect, CSSBB, CMQ/OE, PMP, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience with the State of CA
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet short deadlinesEducation, Certification, Training & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related or Engineering field
- Experience in medium to large IT and/or system implementation projects
- Experience in dealing with clients at all levels of the organization
- Experience in leading cross-functional / cross-departmental teams
- Experience in any of the following industries is preferred: Transportation, Corrections, Healthcare, Utilties, Justice