Business Process Maturity Expert (BPME)
Location: Sacramento, California
Requisition Number: RQ-2018-00919
We are looking for a Business Process Maturity Expert to work within the IT division in the Apps Development team of a large CA state department.
Client is re-evaluating their processes and would like to improve their business services. This BP expert will work hand in hand with an Organizational Change Management (OCM) expert in order conduct internal and customer -facing changes. S/he will be supported by Delegata’s head office team while located on-site at the client in Sacramento, California.
Position is full time (W-2 salary preferred) and would begin immediately.
- Scope and plan the business process maturity effort.
- Conduct the business process maturity assessment.
- Review artifacts that support/are produced by performing a process.
- Interview with individuals/groups who perform or oversee a process.
- Develop quantitative data to characterize the state of the process/organization.
- Compare business process and IT best practices and enabling benchmarking.
- Assess business process risk.
- Evaluate capabilities of the organization.
- Align IT processes to business capabilities and strategy.
- Develop an improvement plan and a clear roadmap of the types of changes that will advance the organization to the next level of business process maturity.
- Work with process owners to document current processes and re-design/document processes to be more efficient.
- Develop sustainable mechanisms to document, store, and retrieve IT policies, standards, and processes.
- Identify targets for process improvement through surveys, assessments, and interviews.
- Identify best processes and practices and subsequently work with divisions to adapt these best processes and practices in key areas.
- Identify ways to standardize processes and improve process efficiencies to reduce cost and increase productivity.
- Work with divisions to adapt standardized processes (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), IEEE standards) and best practices with Capability Maturity Model (CMM) and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) as a maturity target.
- Perform process assessments to identify process gaps in current state processes, provide analysis and recommendations to improve current processes and to address process gaps, and define and document processes consistent with a process maturity framework.
- Create Gap Analysis by reviewing system documentation (file layouts, specification manuals, etc.) for upcoming collection period comparing to previous year collection.
- Develop and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure and monitor the performance of the requirements and analysis process.
- Collect process performance metrics and KPIs to identify trends and patterns, to develop recommendations to correct or mitigate negative patterns and trends in process performance and to improve total process performance.
- Prepare reports and briefings detailing trends, patterns, and recommendations.
- Author technical documentation in a timely, efficient manner with the greatest level of quality.
8+ years’ relevant experience required, incorporating any combination of the following:
– 2+ years in business process re-engineering
– 2+ years working conducting business process maturity assessment and executing improvement plans
– 2+ years producing Process Models and Diagrams using BPMN, UML, Visio or other Process Modeling tools
– 2+ years documenting policies, standards, processes, practices, templates, business scenarios, and use cases to govern systems engineering and IT project governance framework
Industry certifications in one or more of the following is required: CMMI, COBIT, ITIL, OPM3, Six Sigma or others.
- Lean / Six Sigma or other business process certification
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field or Business Administration